By: Charles Colson|Published: August 7, 2006 10:50 AM
Every Christian needs to go to the polls on November 2 with firm convictions about how to cast their ballots. To help, we've put together this Top 10 list of the significant moral issues facing America today. I hope that it will elevate the tone of the debate and assist you as you prepare to exercise your God-given trust to vote. For more information, you can order a CD from the BreakPoint Bookstore with a compilation of BreakPoint commentaries in which I address these moral issues.
1. Sanctity of Life: Preserving sanctity of life by resisting the encroachment of abortion, euthanasia, cloning, and embryonic stem cell research.
2. Religious Liberty: Defending the persecuted Church and others of faith around the world, and defending freedom of religion here at home.
3. Human Rights: Protecting human rights, whether it's stopping sex-trafficking, slavery in Sudan, or the spread of AIDS.
4. Marriage: Protecting by law the traditional heterosexual definition of the family.
5. Terrorism: Strengthening America in the War on Terrorism and in the clash of civilizations against radical Islam.
6. Judiciary Roles: Restoring the constitutional role of the Supreme Court and restricting judicial activism.
7. Faith-based solutions: Advocating faith-based solutions to societal problems.
8. Marginalized Citizens: Caring for the poor and restoring prisoners. Preserving the financial stability of health care for the elderly and disabled.
9. Education: Improving education and promoting choices within the educational system.
10. Media: Challenging the negative impact of the mass media on culture -- including speaking out against pornography, sexual exploitation, and violence.
Call 1-877-3-CALLBP (1-877-322-5527) and request the audio CD “Setting Your Moral Compass” (suggested donation: $20). You can also order the CD online from the BreakPoint Bookstore.